Many people think that making breakfast us a huge undertaking. They resign themselves to eating cereal or some kind of on-the-go meal. Meh. I’m a huge fan of hot breakfast and I love to cook. Additionally, since I’m doing the slow carb diet most breakfast food (bagels, cereal, toast, juice) doesn’t work.
I have found that you can make, eat, and clean up an excellent breakfast in a little more than 10 minutes. My traditional breakfast is 2 eggs over medium, some cooked spinach, and a clementine. The eggs are topped with salt & pepper and my favorite hot sauce Tears of Joy’s August in Austin.
Here’s my method:
- Put skillet on burner under medium heat and turn on oven (10 seconds)
- Put a plate in the oven to warm it up (cold plate + hot breakfast = luke-warm breakfast) (5 seconds)
- Grab ingredients (2 eggs, hot sauce, precut piece of butter, precut frozen block of spinach, clementine) (45 seconds)
- Throw pat of butter on the skillet, put spinach in a bowl and put in microwave for 1 minute (45 seconds)
- Crack eggs into pan, once they set, add salt & pepper, turn off the oven (1 minute)
- Stir spinach, add a dash of garlic, microwave for 30 seconds (30 seconds)
- Flip the eggs (10 seconds once you practice)
- Peel the clementine (30 seconds)
- Flip the eggs again (5 seconds)
- Pull plate out of oven, plate eggs, spinach, clementine (45 seconds)
Total time: 5 minutes to cook
Eating and clean up take up the other 5 minutes. Enjoy your breakfast.